Kodiak Cakes Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
We love kodiak cakes. They are so good and they have 14 g protein and 5 g fiber per serving! We love them as pancakes but also love them in these muffins! Whenever we have a banana that's getting a little too ripe, I peel it and put it in the freezer and pull them out when we want smoothies or to make these muffins. The kids love the chocolate chips in them and they are made with almond coconut milk and coconut sugar.
- 2 cups Power Cakes mix
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work) I use Califia Toasted coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the banana, the sweeter the muffin)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line muffin cups with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly. They will be close to full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes ( I usually bake them for 15-20. Just until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs not batter) and when tops are golden brown. I didn’t use muffin liners and removed my muffins immediately from the muffin pan (after cooked) to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!