Overnight berry breakfast bake
Last week, I got a killer cold and am just coming out of it so sorry about the silence. Hopefully that will be my last one of the winter season, haha. I made this overnight berry breakfast bake from a bountiful kitchen and everyone loved it! I love the caramel syrup over the top and the crispy top of the baked croissant. I only had half of the karo syrup so i halved the syrup recipe and it was more than enough for us.
Overnight Breakfast Berry Bake with Caramel Syrup
PREP 5 MINS
COOK 45 MINS
TOTAL 50 MINS
AUTHOR A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
YIELD 12 SERVINGS
- 4 large croissants, torn up or leftover bread such as french bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Karo Syrup, light
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Tear up croissants or french bread and place in greased pan, close together to cover bottom of pan.
- Beat eggs, half and half or milk ( I prefer half and half), sugar, vanilla and pinch of salt in a blender until mixed well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants in pan.
- Cover and let sit in fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
- About an hour before ready to bake, remove pan from fridge. Sprinkle 2 cups of fruit on top of croissants. Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake uncovered on center rack of oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Make syrup while breakfast is baking.
- For syrup:
- Place Karo syrup, cream and sugar into a pan. Bring to boil. Continue cooking at a boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla and pinch of salt.
- When Overnight Berry Bake is done, remove from oven and drizzle about 1/2-1 cup of the syrup over the baked dish. Serve with the remaining syrup on the side. Any leftover syrup may be used for pancakes, waffles, etc.
Recipe by A Bountiful Kitchen at http://abountifulkitchen.com/2016/05/overnight-breakfast-berry-bake-with-caramel-syrup-2.html/