Roseanne Cash's Potato Salad
From Smitten Kitchen
- 4.5 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed
- 12 dill pickle spears or a handful of cornichon, coarsely chopped (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 4-5 celery stalks, chopped (about 1.5 cup)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1.5 cup)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put steaming rack in instant pot and add 1 C water. Add eggs and twist on the lid. Set cooker to high pressure for 4 min. Manually release the pressure. Let eggs Cool.
Put potatoes in instant pot with water coming just to the bottom of the rack. Turn cooker to Steam for 13 minutes. Manually release pressure.
Let potatoes cool, then dice into bite size pieces. Add pickle, celery, red onion, eggs.
Mix Mayonnaise, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and dill and salt and pepper. Pour over dressing.
This is 1.5 times the recipe without increasing the dressing. Perfect for a crowd and the dressing amount is just right.