Black Bean Tacos
Black bean recipe from Mad Hungry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 avocado, chopped or guacamole (I like the good food cups from Costco)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- corn tortillas
- feta cheese
- cabbage or broccoli slaw
1. Heat 2 T oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the onion, salt, and garlic. Sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Add spices and cook for another minute or so.
3. Add beans, and water and cook until heated through.
Meanwhile, Spray a griddle with cooking spray and lay corn tortillas on. Flip when browned on one side.
To serve: spread corn tortillas with guacamole or avocado. Add beans, Broccoli slaw, cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of feta.