Cauliflower Salad with Feta and Orzo
I brought a salad to a family thing yesterday, and my brother in law jokingly asked "Chrissy Teigen?" Haha! I do use her recipes quite a bit because they are so dang good. Including this salad.
For the Salad:
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 4 cups baby spinach
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast until tender and cauliflower is slightly charred, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain in colander, rinse under cold water, drain well, and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, make the dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked orzo, roasted cauliflower, red onion, crumbled feta cheese, and dried cherries. Toss until well coated with the dressing. Add the spinach and toss one more time. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve.